Monday, September 21, 2009

underlined in green

I have a problem. I have "grammar check" turned on in Microsoft Word. It underlines sentences in green that are too long. Or it will underline the “or” if I begin a sentence with “or” and the “and” if I end a sentence with and. It is quite helpful really. It also underlines all my passive clauses. I try to write actively. It is more powerful.

However, many times when I am writing about the Church or myself I must use a passive voice because it is so often God who is acting when and where we cannot. This is when Microsoft's green grammar police comes out and blows the whistle on me. But I must ignore it. This story about God and His people has a lot of action in it. God is an active God. I and the rest of His Church are being redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment